Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Saturday, August 13, 2005

What was I doing one year ago?

. . . . . . 2004 . . . . . . Still chasing a very active Basenji! Basenjis are certainly NOT a dog for the faint-hearted! I must have a strong heart indeed! . . . . . . and a great sense of humour is another major requirement for living life with a semi-wild dog who considers herself to be The Boss. {g}

We visited St. Louis, MO, again and had a wonderful time! On our return trip home we drove south into Tennesse and up through the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. From there we turned onto the Blue Ridge Parkway and did the whole route this time. Two years previously we had begun our tour at Fancy Gap. Then we did a repeat of Skyline Drive and the Shenandoah National Park. We also had made a side trip to Cade's Cove. Breathtaking!! Love those mountains!!

Shortly after returning home we lost DH's special Nana, and later that autumn, my second Nana. I had lost the first of my two grandmothers the previous fall. So, within a year, between us my DH and I lost three grandmothers. I found it difficult to settle down to accomplish any homework after that. Had to wander . . . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home