Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Monday, August 01, 2005

From the 'bag of stuff' . . . . .


. . . . . . one of a pair of embroidered doilies which have been done exactly the same. This one is presently on the butcher block on top of my dishwasher with these same companions keeping it company. I am not certain who did the handwork, though it is quite possible that it was done by either my DH's grandmother or great-grandmother.

I found the Little Nutbrown Hare at a secondhand store and could not leave him there. A couple months later the book Guess How Much I Love You (which would have been originally sold with the Little Nutbrown Hare) turned up at the same secondhand store, and of course it had to come home with me as well. Whenever I look at my Little Nutbrown Hare I can't help but smile. He's a very happy guy to have around. Have you ever read the story? If you haven't, you are missing one of the sweetest stories ever written and the illustrations are wonderful. I guarantee it will touch your heart.

The wooden dog with the prick ears as a look similar to that of a Basenji and was an Ebay purchase a few years ago. There is a hole in the bottom which would indicate that at one time the dog had been perhaps set on top of a post. I'm not sure what the wood is but am guessing teak. I bought it because I love Basenjis and I liked the looks of this wooden dog. He also makes me smile. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home