Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Monday, May 28, 2007

What's cooking?

Pretty yellow dandelions simmering in a blue enamel pot on my kitchen stove, and Cyndy ...... they don't smell weird to me. I think they smell quite nice. They'll steep overnight and tomorrow we'll see what I can do about dyeing a skein of wool with them. The experiment has begun. Dream went with me while I picked the danelions. Questioning looks followed my every move, and I've had to lift her up twice so she could smell the simmering dandelions. She seems to think they 'might' be tasty. We're having fun. :-)

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 29, 2007 7:48:00 a.m., Blogger Maureen said...

Dawn
Lovely to read (that) you're out of hibernation;
Hope things are going well with you and yours........and that Dream doesnt upset the dyeing program!

 
At Friday, June 01, 2007 10:33:00 a.m., Blogger cyndy said...

How nice that Dream helped you picked the dandelions!
...and I am glad that the smell was not overpowering!

 
At Friday, June 01, 2007 10:50:00 p.m., Blogger Cathy said...

Terrific to finally have time and silence to catch up - and to be rewarded with 3 wonderful posts!

I probably need to find my 1966 photo - me on horse Badger (a dun), with my paisley jeans. My glasses resembled yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home