Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Happy Belated Birthday Dream!





Yesterday was my Dream's 9th birthday. Isn't she beautiful? My constant companion ..... my 'angel with the tarnished halo' ..... my 'little kid' ...... and sometimes 'rotten little kid' ..... my heating pad ....... my friend ........ all this and more ....... she has brought many new friends into my life ..... Basenji friends who understand my love of these semi-wild barkless dogs from the jungles of Africa ...... Dream was the fulfilment of a 25 year old dream of having another Basenji ..... she has done her part well. I am looking forward to many more years of loving and living with this Basenji that I feel God placed in my life for a good purpose.

7 Comments:

At Sunday, December 17, 2006 2:41:00 a.m., Blogger Maureen said...

And belated Happy Birthday from me too Dream.
My friend in Magalia CA is also a
Basenjii owner/lover......maybe one day when I am cat free........!
Dawn,have a wonderful Christmas.We are busy preparing for a move in early February & ass I may not be blogging much between now & then I wish you all the best and better health for 07 now.

 
At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 12:14:00 p.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Sweet girl! I don't know what we'd do without our precious girl treasures!

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:01:00 a.m., Blogger cyndy said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Dream!

She looks like a queen! What a joy she must be...

 
At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:22:00 a.m., Blogger Saija said...

hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! by the pics, you posted earlier, it looked picture perfect!

 
At Sunday, January 07, 2007 4:11:00 a.m., Blogger Judy said...

my son fell upon your dec/05 entries and I was amazed....so do you still have your morgan mare? We have had her daddy since he was a 4yr old! He helped raise and showed for both our children and is happily enjoying his retirement years on our NB farm.

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 8:03:00 p.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Hello Judy ...... Nice to finally meet Wally's Mom! :-) No, Meggie is no longer with us; however, she is doing well and lives with a very nice family. We still see her occasionally. I'm looking forward to reading your blog when you begin posting, and thanks for commenting on mine.

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:04:00 p.m., Blogger Lelia said...

yes, she is beautiful!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home