Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

From the past .....


Sunny springtime weather always stirs the desire to 'maybe' have horses again. I'll quench the urge today by sharing a picture with all of you. This was taken in the late 80s ........... my daughter Heather riding my horse Zip for her dressage test during a Pony Club C Rally in the Annapolis Valley at Applewood Farm. Pony Club testing is quite intense. They must first pass a written test, then an oral test, and then do a riding test which consists of a dressage test, cross country at speed over jumps, and then must come back and do a stadium jump course. We enjoyed those years of Pony Clubbing and eventing. Great fun!

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 7:36:00 p.m., Blogger Cathy said...

I know what you mean. Love seeing the photo.

 
At Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:16:00 p.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

I go through this every year or so, but soon come to my senses. As much as I would love to have horses, I just don't have the time anymore to work with them enough!

 
At Monday, May 14, 2007 8:38:00 a.m., Blogger cyndy said...

Wonderful photo of what looks like it was a wonderful time!
Happy Mothers Day!

 
At Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:46:00 p.m., Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Zip was a gallant looking horse and your daughter sat him so well.

Your posts are opening many memories.

 
At Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:10:00 p.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Thank you all .....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home