Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Busy Spring Days





Clearing bush and thinning out trees in the area between house and road has kept us busy these past few days but I kept my camera handy and even took time out for a short, leisurely drive locally. A break in the midst of hauling bush is also welcome . . . . especially when the sun shines and you hear the voice of Spring calling you. In one small marsh I found many Cat and Nine Tails displaying their fluffy stuff so I brought one home to put in a vase where I could view it close up. Well, what to my wondering eyes appeared but a wee little worm hanging by a thread. So, it's a worm that makes this fluff right? Anyone know what 'kind' of worm this would be?

We are definitely on a major flightpath. See some of the tell-tale exhaust streaks across our beautiful blue sky.










Our first Robin appeared early in the morning of March 29th and since then his singing and that of his many friends has greeted me each morning as I wake. What a wonderful sound!




The pair of wild ducks has been flying in and out of the stillwater so it looks like we may hear quacking for a while again. They're quick on the wing which makes it difficult to get a picture of them in the air and the bushes are thick surrounding their chosen summer home with a swampy area leading to it so I'm not sure if there will be pictures of those particular ducks or not.

It is so very good to experience the return of Spring!

"If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive." - Eleonora Duse

2 Comments:

At Saturday, April 01, 2006 8:47:00 a.m., Blogger cyndy said...

Love the photo of the robin in the evergreen! Spring is FINALLY getting here (i think)...
This morning we had 6" of snow...

APRIL FOOL!

No, really, this morning there was a frog with a beard in my garage...

APRIL FOOL!...ok, I'll stop.....

 
At Monday, April 03, 2006 5:43:00 p.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Days have been busy; I'm SO far behind in blog reading! Glad to see that spring is springing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home