Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Some of yesterday and today

Yesterday, while Shel was at a local Hobby Shop purchasing some required items for the latest remote controlled battleship that he is building, I popped into a secondhand store for a quick browse. One bookbin contained an interesting book that I hadn't seen or heard of before . . .
An Outline of Humor edited by Carolyn Wells . . . . . . don't know when I'll see it again as Heather has had her nose in it almost since I brought it into the house. It must be good; judging by the laughter. {g} That's right Cyndy! The other book you see in the picture is Crazy Woman Creek! the third in the series edited by Linda M. Hasselstrom, Gaydell Collier, and Nancy Curtis. I was so tickled I could have danced a jig! ( . . . were I a dancer, that is! . . . which I'm not . . .). It's softcover, I would have prefered hardcover as it's a book I want to keep, but it's in excellent condition and the price was right. Who am I to 'look a gift horse in the mouth?' ...... though that is good policy if you really are looking to buy a horse.

Praise the Lord! My needles and hands have finally worked together and gotten those promised socks finished and ready for shipment to Missouri! I know one recipient who won't mind sockies arriving in March to keep her toes nice and warm; and if she's like me she'll most likely be wearing 'em when the AC units are running too. We didn't require AC units here today. Good thing cuz we don't even own any. Though we had bare ground as the sun went down last evening, when I woke at six this morning our world was white again. The snow didn't stay long once the sun appeared but the winds were raw and chilly today. Winter doesn't give up easily.

4 Comments:

At Saturday, March 18, 2006 8:52:00 p.m., Blogger cyndy said...

Great score on the books, Dawn!

And sockies in March are needed here still too, we are in the teens tonight....most of our snow is gone, save the piles that we heaped up all winter. Love your snowflake pic...

 
At Saturday, March 18, 2006 9:13:00 p.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks! I was glad to get both books. :-)

If the need arises I wear sockies whenever. The only piles of snow left here are in the woods and they're becoming few and far between.

Glad you enjoyed the snowflake pic from the morning. I expect we could see a similar scene repeated tomorrow morning.

 
At Sunday, March 19, 2006 6:03:00 p.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Cold weather, warm weather, cold weather...that's spring! Still cool here, too, but not cold enough to snow. The socks are beautiful; hope you're feeling better!

 
At Monday, March 20, 2006 5:23:00 a.m., Blogger Dawn said...

It's still cold enough for snow here Leslie. I see some out there on the verhandah railing this morning. Not much, but enough to know that it's still around. Thanks in regards to the socks.
The feeling better thing is debatable. This is a nasty infection that just doesn't seem to want to let go, and it has sapped most of my energy. Lots of napping going on. I have a recheck appt for tomorrow. Won't be surprised if it means another Rx.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home