Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Hopeful signs of spring

Spring is coming ........ it's just that some days it can be shy. Like when ice still skims the ponds and puddles in the early morning calm while the wild ducks chatter to themselves as they check out the stillwater on Wine Brook to see if they'll stay and nest here again this year, or perhaps move on instead. Shel heard the ducks early yesterday morning as he kept Dream company outside for a while before we left for my appointment in Halifax with the neurologist. The doctor was 'very pleased' with me so that means no more medications for the DRD/SP at this time! PTL! and hopefully I won't have to take any again. Wouldn't that be wonderful?! Seeing other patients who are obviously in worse shape than I am, while sitting in the waiting room, can be quite an eyeopener, and make one feel thankful and blessed to be spared these griefs. A couple of stops at shops on the way home ........... Shel required a few things from a hobby shop near Bridgewater, and I took a quick run through Atlantic Fabrics also near Bridgewater. Yes, I bought yarn. Will try for a picture tomorrow. To Halifax and back all in one day is tiring for me and I still haven't caught up on my rest. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day. One picture from today that I can share at this time is of my snowdrops. Lovely little beauties aren't they?

5 Comments:

At Sunday, March 26, 2006 12:33:00 a.m., Blogger Calidore said...

I'm so pleased you had a good report from the Doctor. Hopefully things will start looking up for you. You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Love the snowdrops - simply stunning.

 
At Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:08:00 a.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks Catherine ..... dealing with the anxiety/depression is next. Surely the spring will help there.

I love snowdrops ...... any of the brave, little flowers who push up through the frozen ground and/or snow here and offer up a bit of hope of what is to come.

 
At Sunday, March 26, 2006 10:01:00 a.m., Blogger cyndy said...

So glad to hear that you had a good check up and are off the meds!
PTL!
Your snowdrops are very pretty, nice contrast with the dried leaves of last fall....

 
At Sunday, March 26, 2006 2:22:00 p.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks Cyndy! You did notice that I haven't pulled the old leaves away yet. That's because it's staying too cold here yet this year and I don't want their little toes to get cold. :-)

 
At Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:35:00 p.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Spring is being very shy this year. Glad to hear you got a good report from the doctor. When I think I have things bad I always see someone who has much worse to deal with; a good lesson. Looking forward to seeing the yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home