Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Monday, March 27, 2006

Yarn and a scarf





Colourful yarn that I purchased at Atlantic Fabrics on the way home from Halifax last Friday. I love all the colours and was thinking 'socks' when I saw it even though it's not acutal 'sock yarn.' The colours they offered in their sock yarn was just plain gross .................. so I chose these instead. They're all Patons Decor 75% Acrylic / 25% Wool 210 yds. / 192 metres Net wt. 3 1/2 oz. / 100g ......... Secret Garden Varg. ...... Mountain Top Varg. ......... Sweet Country Varg. ......... and First Spring Ombre. Probably I'll just sit and admire the beautiful colours for a while. It's not as though I don't have any WIP pieces that I could put my attention to you realize. {g}




A light little scarf that I knit up using a couple of balls of yarn purchased at a secondhand store and the simple scarf pattern that Jane told us about on her blog. Jane was correct ......... it was a very simple pattern ........... and I finally finished it on the third try. You want someone to mess up an easy pattern? ........ just give it to me to try. {g} It's a very soft and pretty scarf but the colours don't do a thing for my pale complexion so it's going in the box for future gifts; unless Heather makes a claim to it.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:44:00 a.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

I love to put yarn in a basket and set it where I can see it; just thinking of the possibilities! Lovely colors and the scarf is beautiful! Bet Heather snatches it up!

 
At Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:07:00 p.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks Leslie! No, the scarf has ended up in the gift box. Heather also has a pale complexion so the scarf doesn't do a thing for her. She also mentioned that she prefered scarfs a bit more narrow.

 
At Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:08:00 p.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Scarves that should have read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home