Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Stillwater


It's wonderful to have this little brook flowing near us, and recently Shel has cut out the old, overgrown pathway to this stillwater, which I intend on making good use of when weather and time allow. Maybe I'll head for it irregardless of weather or time and glean from it the calm my soul requires by spending time in nature with God. I've always found God to be more real to me while on the nature trail than in buildings surrounded by strangers.


The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
- Psalm 23:1-3

3 Comments:

At Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:28:00 a.m., Blogger cyndy said...

Lovely Stillwater...makes me want to roll up my "leggins" and go for a wade...we are expected to hit the eighties today!

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:50:00 p.m., Blogger Dawn said...

It's too deep for wading Cyndy, and still far too cold up here yet for even dipping toes in the water. We've had a lot of N/NE wind here this week. The locals refer to it as a 'raw wind.' Most of the lobster fishing boats have stayed at the wharves.

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:51:00 p.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Lovely spot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home