Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Monday, January 09, 2006

Much going on ?

Wasn't there supposed to be less to do when 2006 rolled around?! Who said that anyway?! Not one of you can remember, can you? I knew it had to be just a rumour. {gg} So, what is rolling on around here? . . . .

Well, let me see . . . . I started 'spring cleaning' the master bedroom. Let me tell you, the dustbunnies and spiders were shocked to hear that vacumn cleaner make a noise! I bet they thought it had gone to the 'old vacumn cleaner's home' a long time ago! I think 'spring cleaning' goes much better with a sense of humour . . . . as does so much of life. {g}

Shel has been 'spring cleaning' some of the acerage between the house and road and around the garage and just to the west of the back lawn. What that means is that he has been clearing out the alders ( alders are 'no good for nothing' bushes that thrive in an acidity soil . . . . of which we have plenty in this particular area of Nova Scotia), and also thinning out some of the trees so that the best ones can reach their full growth without being hindered. He has plenty of work yet to do on that, with the house being right in the middle of approximately 11 acres and over 300 feet from the road. Blogger has blocked my attempts to put pictures up this evening so those will have to be done another time. Meanwhile I'm knitting on a pair of socks that I had originally intended to keep for myself but I am reconsidering and they will likely end up in daughter Heather's bureau drawer. After those are done I have a third pair to knit that will be accompanying two other pair on their way to Missouri later this winter. There are also a few crazy quilting UFOs hanging around that I have to get moving on. And in between there is the regular housecleaning, baking, caring for the dogs and the cat, and the Betta fish.

On Thursday Shel and I will be making the trip up to Halifax to my neurologist and after my appointment there we will be visiting with some old and dear friends who have recently returned to NS from Ontario. Unfortuantely there won't be time to look up a Basenji breeder who has a new litter up there near the city. Oh, how I would love to have an hour or two of Basenji puppy time but it just isn't going to happen I'm afraid. There are only just so many hours in a day, and just so much energy to cover it with. So far the weather reports are giving a decent day for travelling on Thursday so I do hope and pray that the good weather that has been down south will drift northward and arrive in time for our day trip.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:50:00 a.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Might be best not to spend too much time with puppies; tempting to bring them home! I'm feeling a bit behind myself, after laying around half of last week. Lots to do today!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2006 6:35:00 a.m., Blogger Maureen said...

Hope everything with the neurologist went better than expected today Dawn.
Hugs 'n positively good wishes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home