Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Pressing on . . .


. . . maybe that should have read 'paddling on' . . . . cuz if the water keeps rising we'll be heading for the boats or the hills! The weather report early this morning said '30% chance of rain.' HA! I think he was off a percentage point or two!! It's been pouring since I rose from my slumber at 3:45AM. I'm expecting the drops any minute now to start showing a resemblance to either dogs or cats . . . . maybe even both! And big ones! Like Great Danes and Mountain Lions!! Okay, that was a gross exaggeration, but it really has rained a lot and everything was already full to the brim. We could use a break.

As you can see from the picture on the right I have been knitting. Pretty little pair of sockies. Jane has been kind enough to give me some pointers on knitting them. Thank You Jane! And for my friends who are lovers of embroidery, this is a dresser scarf that had belonged to my DH's Nana. There are more lovelies to share with you later.

Seeing as how I have failed miserably at training my dryer how to fold clothes and put them away, I'll say 'So long' for now . . . . .

4 Comments:

At Saturday, November 19, 2005 12:08:00 a.m., Blogger Saija said...

hope it has stopped raining there! it has warmed up here in Manitoba ... yay! :o)

 
At Sunday, November 20, 2005 4:32:00 p.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Our first rain in a long time came this week; hope your weather moderates soon! It turned cold here after the rain; today is warmer but more cool weather coming

 
At Friday, November 25, 2005 12:12:00 p.m., Blogger Lelia said...

Dawn: I am not one to knit or crochet, but your project looks lovely. That dresser scarf is wonderful. Nana must have treasured it!

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2005 3:53:00 a.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Saija .... No rain yesterday, but I did see some 'spitting snow.' Nothing that stuck to the ground though. It's colder here now and I have my longjohns handy. :-)

Leslie .... Seems to be what happens this time of year ... a bit of everything ... until Old Man Winter decides to stay for a longer visit.

Lelia .... Thank You! Nana did treasure items such as the dresser scarf, and I do know that some of her treasurers that I now own were made by her and some by her mother-in-law.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home