Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Christmas Day in LA


Yes . . . . this was Christmas Day in LA. No, it's not Los Angeles, CA. This is Lower Argyle, Nova Scotia and I snapped this photo at Camp Cove Wharf in the sunny afternoon while standing at the edge of the parking lot. The couple of closer land masses are islands and the stretch of land on the horizon between them is part of the mainland that jots out as a peninsula. It was a very peaceful and calm day . . . . just what the doctor would have ordered . . . . yet it wasn't all peace and calm for me. I've been having a bit of trouble with my meds and have been experiencing some 'spells' . . . for lack of a better word. Shortly after taking this picture and a few others I spent the afternoon back at the house waiting for the spell to subside. I have an appointment with my neurologist in Halifax on the 12th of January ( as long as a snowstorm doesn't keep us at home ) so we'll see what happens from there. In the meantime I have cut my meds ( Sinemet) down to where I am feeling a bit better and may have to discontinue them altogether. At least for a while. There has also been added stress in my life, which is no doubt contributing to my problems. My DH has been laid off from his work as a marine electronics technician as we are experiencing a 'down turn' in the fishing industry in this area. We are trying to trust God that this is a change in our lives that is needed at this time, and keep praying that something will be just around the corner.

As the afternoon wore on and I began to feel better, Shel suggested that we go for a ride up to Argyle Head ( I can see folks grabbing for their maps of Nova Scotia now {g} ..... ) and see if any deer are out shortly before dark. And they were! Gorgeous creatures . . . . having their late afternoon Christmas meal. That patch of snow near them was about the largest size of any snow patch that I saw still around after the last snowfall. So far this has been a mild season; however, that could change quickly. These four were munching away on the late grasses left in this old pasture and were not overly concerned at our presence as we stopped the Jeep and shut off the engine while the photo opts presented themselves.

On Christmas morning Shel, Heather and I had attended the lovely morning service at the Argyle-Pubnico Baptist church with other family members and friends. We had also been in attendance at the very calming and beautiful Candlelight service at the Yarmouth Wesleyan church (sorry . . . . can't locate their website addy right now. Pastor Jim will forgive me. He's that kind of man.) on Christmas Eve. Family members and friends gathered there as well.

I sincerely hope that all my blog friends, and anyone else who happens along here, had a blessed Merry Christmas.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, December 29, 2005 1:18:00 p.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Merry Christmas to you! I know it's tough to be facing layoffs and medical problems anytime, but it seems scarier this time of the year. Here's hoping that things pick up soon!

Lovely pictures; hope I can get a chance to visit beautiful Nova Scotia again soon!

 
At Thursday, December 29, 2005 2:38:00 p.m., Blogger Dawn said...

. . . and Nova Scotia would love to see you again too Leslie! Thank You for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed the pics. :-)

 
At Friday, December 30, 2005 12:35:00 a.m., Blogger Calidore said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you both and hope that there is good health and work on the horizon. Thank you for posting the photos - it is a lovely part of the world you live in. Have a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.

 
At Monday, January 09, 2006 9:34:00 p.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Thank You Calidore! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home