Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Success!


Blogger and I are on friendly terms this morning. Isn't that lovely?! :-)





Here they are . . . . my two girls examining the contents of a wicker basket. In truth, Dream isn't really that much of a hindrance. She is just curious about what is happening and for the most part will curl up beside me and snooze while I do any handwork. One yarn that she does find appealing for play though is Patons Cha Cha. Must be due to its fuzziness. I have started a second pair of socks for Shel and those are coming along well. I have some UFOs to get finished up also. Have been gathering a few treasures lately from some secondhand stores . . . . old hankies, old linens, and a lovely handmade shawl that Heather has been viewing with wide eyes and a special smile. :-) No pictures of these treasures yet but I'm thinking when the long winter days and evenings come along getting all that in order and sharing in the blog here would be a nice thing to do. I really do wander on this blog and have been thinking of perhaps getting another going just for my handwork and found treasures. We'll see. Until the next posting I'll leave you with this quote. "Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke

6 Comments:

At Friday, October 21, 2005 5:53:00 a.m., Blogger Gina E. said...

Dawn, that is how I came to have my two blogs - one for my linen treasures and my own stitching, and the other for everyday waffle! My stats counter shows that Patra's Place is by far the most visited, which indicates to me that the majority of my 'viewers' just want to see my linen and stitching. I can live with that; in fact I understand that very well! I tend to skip over some of the waffle in my favorite blogs too, and concentrate on their stitching.
By the way, thanks for posting on my "Visitors" thread. You are on my Favorites List, just haven't got around to putting you on the blogs list!

 
At Friday, October 21, 2005 11:33:00 a.m., Blogger Lelia said...

Very cute pictures -- lovely blog -- nice quote. What more kind things can I say today? I have 2 blogs, too. One has very little traffic. It just happens that way. btw, I gave up on blogger uploading photos. Got a photobucket account & while it isn't the best .... it works.

Enjoy your weekend.

 
At Friday, October 21, 2005 12:24:00 p.m., Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hi, found my way here from "Thro' a Glass Darkly...". I see you are from Nova Scotia. Well, hello neighbour! I'm in New Brunswick!

I enjoy crafty things too, like knitting and crocheting...I haven't done any socks yet, but have made many mittens (on 2 needles...have to practice with 4), some sweaters, and many afghans. I don't have any pics of them on my blog though. I did post a pic of a couple of cards I had made, but that was a couple of months ago that I did that.

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 4:13:00 p.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Hi Gina e ... Yes, I think you may have been the one that I had remembered as having started a second block so you could keep your linens separate. It seems like a good idea to me. Perhaps later for me .... :-) You are one of my bookmarked blog friends. I'm just not computerwise enough to get a blog list on the side of mine.

Hello to you Lelia ..... Glad that you are enjoying my blog. We did have a lovely weekend, thank you.

Hello Shelley in New Brunswick .... Isn't that neat? A fellow blogger from a neighbouring province. Knitting on four needles and making socks isn't all that difficult to do really. It just kind of looks more intimidating than it really is. I would suggest that you get someone who has done socks before themselves to suggest a good pattern and give you some tips, and you'll do fine. Saija has a lovely blog doesn't she? Nice that you found me through it.

 
At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:03:00 a.m., Blogger Saija said...

loved the pics ... :o) ... posting pics is fun - but when things don't work ... well! frustration!

i've thought of keeping 2 blogs ... it does work for some people ... i know i can have all kinds of different topics on my ONE blog!!! but - well we all have different interests, right? so it's a bit of this 'n that ...

blessings to you!

 
At Wednesday, November 09, 2005 3:49:00 p.m., Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Hello, just came by from Saija's blog where I looked up the verse you gave..Psalm 143:8. What a blessing it is to read and know that it is true. Sharing scripture with one another is so encouraging and biblical. Hope you are having a nice day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home