Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Thursday, October 13, 2005

A better day . . . .



Shel's socks were finished last evening except for that final weaving to pull the toe together, so I did that early this morning and here they are . . .

I didn't win or place in the sock contest mentioned in my last posting that Jane offered but that's okay. I did get a thank you hug and kiss, and a hugh smile! for this pair though from their appreciative owner, so you see there can be compensations in this creative world. He also sees how some days it can be a struggle to make those needles do what I want them to do when I am having a particularly difficult day. Yesterday was such a day. Now that reminds me that I had wanted to make mention here of a website that is helpful to me . . . . . http://www.restministries.org/ . . . . . and I'm certain could prove useful to many other chronic pain sufferers and their spouses. There is also a link to the Invisible Disabilities website I believe from Rest Ministries. Saija over at Thro' a Glass Darkly has been having a difficult time of it lately too and I would like to thank her for reminding me through her blog that I have to begin the day with God for my help and strength to make it. Others have been telling me too ( and you know who you are ), but I wasn't listening. Sometimes it takes a while for us to be still enough to hear. Did you ever wonder why God fashioned us with two ears and only one mouth?

Today appears to be shaping up to be a good day here. I can actually see the sun starting to peek through the clouds in the eastern sky. :-) In the middle of all the pain and confusion of the last couple of weeks, I have managed to take some nifty pictures and will no doubt be sharing some on here, but at a later date. One day I tried to do a second posting and put a picture with it and blogspot decided that picture should go along with my first posting of the day, so I had to delete the second posting. You all know that I like to wander but I did not think that my pictures should just wander around and show up in whichever posting they wanted to. My postings and pictures should stay where they're put instead of floating around on their own, with no sense of direction.

And this can sometimes be another hinderance when doing handwork . . . . . . but an entertaining hinderance . . . . {gg} . . . . . . The 'blogspot gremlins' are at it again . . . . :( . . . . I uploaded two pictures to go along with that last sentence and they have not appeared here. So, I'm posting this anyway, as is.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, October 13, 2005 5:29:00 p.m., Blogger Saija said...

i'm glad you are having a better day today too ... i had such a wicked wicked start to my week, as did Leo (for him, it is increased pain because of the Fall) ...

i'm glad God got my attention though because it truly has helped me to read my bible in the morning! i usually checked e-mail and blogs first ... and even though they might have blessed my heart - God wanted to be the one to bless my heart first! and He blesses it the BEST ... :o)

sending big hugs your way! Lord give you grace for your journey ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home