Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sock contest


I just found out yesterday that Jane was having a "Show Me Your Socks" contest and anyone was eligible to enter. Of course you did require handmade socks to enter. I'm wondering if I'll be accepted or thrown out on my ear as I don't have quite a completed pair. Being a late starter in the sock knitting department this year, I didn't have any available. Alas! So I'll post the picture of what has been accomplished so far and let the chips fall where they may . . . . I do add an extra nylon yarn in the heel and toe for added strength to the camo yarn which is 100% Virgin Orlon Acrylic Fiber Red Heart from Coats & Clark. Now I'm wondering if, when Shel puts these socks on, we'll be able to still see his feet?! {g}

3 Comments:

At Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:15:00 p.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Just don't let him go out in the woods in them without his shoes and he should be able to find his feet just fine!

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 3:27:00 a.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Hahaha! I imagine you're correct in that Leslie. :-)

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 9:37:00 p.m., Blogger Saija said...

lovely! and the extra nylon in the heel is a good idea ... leo wears his out in that area (socks provided by my mom & aunt!) ... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home