Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My Profile Picture


As for some 'strange' reason, Blogger, does not wish to have my profile picture up where it would be 'normal' to have it, I am putting it up here . . . . in the midst of my blog . . . . . and if Blogger 'objects' to that . . . . well . . . . maybe I won't have a blog come tomorrow. Who knows? This is, after all, the 'mysterious' Internet isn't it?!

So, here it is folks . . . . . another Heather Donaldson original work of art. She's my daughter btw . . . . . a very talented artist . . . . might I add. Consider the ruined jeans in my hands there and the little 'tee hee' peeking out from behind the laundry basket . . . . bet you'll never guess 'who' the culprit was that did the nasty deed?! Yes, she did it! and we kept her instead of sending her packing back to her breeder! Were we 'crazy?' There are those that think so!! One thing about it, life at Wine Brook Cottage can never be thought of as 'boring' . . . . not when you can be expected to rescue items of clothing from the jaws of a 'savage' jungle beast at a moment's notice.

By the looks of things here, this posting 'and' picture just might be accepted by Blogger and allowed to be published. So, here goes . . . .

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 14, 2005 7:52:00 p.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Dang! You've just been spammed. Lots of people getting nailed these days. Annoying; I thought someone was going to help you with the picture!

Love the art; tell Heather it's a classic and I hope you can get it onto your profile!

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:32:00 a.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Yes, spammers are everywhere these days . . . :( . . . but that's what that little trash can down yonder is for, right?!

Thanks for the compliment on Heather's artwork! I will pass the message on. She was busy painting a lovely hosta on a rock for a friend's Christmas gift yesterday. :-)

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005 8:41:00 a.m., Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Dawn,
Thanks for dropping in to Patra's Place today - thought I would return the compliment. I see by your profile that we share several of the same interests, so I will be visiting you on a regular basis from now on!

 
At Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:13:00 a.m., Blogger Mary-Frances said...

Great piece (did you stitch it? or is it drawn...sorry not enough coffee this morning!). The reason blogger might not be letting you use it as an icon is it's too large in size. If you shrink it down a bit more, or crop it, it might let you post it! :-)

 
At Wednesday, October 05, 2005 5:52:00 p.m., Blogger Dawn said...

The artwork was completely drawn and coloured ..... I'm not sure what she used for colouring ... watercolours maybe ..... by my artist daughter, Heather. Thanks for the advice on the idea of how to get it accepted as an icon. May have to work on that someday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home