Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Saturday, February 18, 2006

CQ Block



This crazy quilt block was one that I pieced and handsewed some time ago for DD, Heather. Will have to find it later today and take a completed picture to post. I have never used a machine on any of my blocks. No one would want to view the mess I'd make with a machine, believe me.

Our wind warning is discontinued for today but there are still a few strong gusts out there yet. The ground is bare again, for the most part, with flurries possible for the next couple of days. It won't be daylight for another hour and a half when we can view the world and make a decision on todays activities. One thing I must do is make icing for the cake I baked Heather last evening. We have a Happy Birthday Girl here today. Maybe a picture later . . . :-) . . .

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 5:50:00 a.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Happy Birthday, Heather!

The quilt block is lovely. I didn't realize you hand sewed them. I really dislike working with an electric machine but have been thinking about how nice it might be to get the treadle one here to work.

 
At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:20:00 a.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Heather says "Thank You!" for the birthday wishes Leslie!

Yes, I much prefer to hand sew my work than use my electric machine. I do have Mom's old treadle here too and I used to use that some when I first started sewing as a child, which was eons ago. Glad you like the quilt block.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home