Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Swinging

I love to swing and now that the sun has arrived and will be around for a while yet I should get a fair chance at spending some time in my new blue and white hammock chair that DH and I purchased at the Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, MO last month. It's quite neat although Dream hasn't decided yet just how 'neat' it is. She's not all that keen on swinging but would rather bask in the sun on a pillow on the verhandah floor. I guess she's not a 'swinger.' {g} It brings back some happy memories for me as I spent many hours in the canvas hammock in my grandparent's backyard. It was quite convenient too as I could make a small detour and get in a quick swing while going to the store or Post Office for Mom as my grandparent's home was along the way. I wonder if any of my younger cousins reading this remember the hammock in Nana and Papa's backyard?

1 Comments:

At Thursday, June 23, 2005 2:25:00 p.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Porch swings here are the tradition. My mother's parents had a traditional swing on chains on their front porch, while my dad's grandmother had a metal glider. We loved both of them! My mother still has the old porch swing; Lily hasn't figured that one out, either!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home