Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost

. . . some shared writings from Wine Brook Cottage . . .

Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday morning

Well, as you can see, I did make it back after wandering through the countryside with DH last evening (it was he who called me away as I was just in the middle of my very first posting to this blog). We had a lovely drive as we watched for deer and any late spring blooms which might have appeared despite the heavy rains of last month and lack of sunshine since. Neither of us are regretful that we were fortunate enough to spend most of the month of May visiting with dear friends in MO where the sun appeared, without fail, each and every day. Don't get me wrong . . . we love our native land; but the last two years Nova Scotia has experienced less than desireable weather during May, which made it perfect timing for travelling out of province.

So the blog has begun . . . . Perhaps pictures will appear here later but first I have to figure all that out. As for the title of this blog, it is a line from a poem by J. R. R. Tolkien in the book The Lord of the Rings . . . The Fellowship of the Ring. I have not read the books myself, but my DD who has read them all, brings me the poems to read. This one is a favourite of mine.

Take care . . .

4 Comments:

At Monday, June 13, 2005 4:20:00 p.m., Blogger Dawn said...

DD is Dear Daughter.

 
At Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:41:00 a.m., Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

DD has good taste in literature; I was reading the Tolkien books long before they became the rage.

In spite of the rain the blooms here are beautiful; the laurel are totally white and pink. But the sun is out today; major bunny chores ahead!

 
At Thursday, June 16, 2005 1:13:00 a.m., Blogger Chey said...

My dear, how exciting to see that you have taken the plunge and started a blog! Now when aren't able to catch up live on AIM (we're both SO busy, LOL), I can just come here and see what you've been thinking!

You're off to a great start!

 
At Thursday, June 16, 2005 6:45:00 a.m., Blogger Dawn said...

Thank You Leslie, Elaine & Chey for your comments. Busy Chey? Who? Us? Hehehe .... and taking on more projects almost daily .... No one can ever say that we live dull, middleaged lives can they? {g}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home